[bookport] Re: nls and current book port2

  • From: "albert griffith" <albertgriffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:36:22 -0500

I'm not sure why people are so irritated about having to wait to play their
specially formatted books from NLS.  It's been this way since the beginning.
When disks were recorded at 16 RPM. standard turntables wouldn't play them
and people had to wait for NLS. to distribute special record players called
talking book machines.  The same was trough when they began using cassettes.
Not only were they four track players when everyone else could only play one
or if the could play more it was two at once as in stereo so again we had to
wait for the special units.  Now they've introduced digital books, a drastic
improvement over what went before and we have to wait for the special units.
I believe people have become spoiled by having so many choices of players
over the years.  It's not as if our present players won't work until the new
ones arrive, smile.