[bookport] Re: nls and current book port2

  • From: "lana" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:54:33 -0600

you're forgetting the tapes act up. Sometimes it's one's own player, and sometimes they came that way, and getting the player replaced can be a problem. I'll be glad to wait a few months for a Book Port II that plays NLS, but it isn't sounding like that will happen, and there's no telling how long it will take the library to get its players out. Because they're being so exclusive and high-handed about it, I'm not about to purchase the Stream. Hopefully the stuffyheads at NLS can get their legalized little brains around the idea that other devices are out there.

No one likes monopolies.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>