[bookport] nls and current book port2

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:08:51 -0400

Hi Nancy:

Unfortunately, that is not going to happen.  Apparently, the current Book Port
does not meet the specifications for the NLS Digital books.  We cannot include
a workaround for the software with a key, because NLS doesn't want access with
the computers.

On the bright side (if there is one), at least we can develop Book Port 2 to
include the specs.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/28/07 09:59AM >>>
Pamela,

Thank you for the BP2 update.  I know this setback is discouraging for all
concerned.

On a brighter note....any further word about APH coming up with a key to
allow present BP users to download NLS books?

Thanks for all the help you give us.

Nancy Hill

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx