[bookport] Re: mp3's

  • From: "Bruce Lamden" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 21:58:47 -0000

Hi Brandon,

Good news about TNAUK format - thanks.

I'm impressed by the activity on this list and that the BP seems to get
features before the BC.

After mentioning hard drives I had second thoughts that it might impact on
battery life over using flash cards. I think a hard drive machine may work
out cheaper than buying say a 2GB flasu card. It would elliminate the need
for cards. But the 60 hour battery life is a great attraction and it would
not be good to reduce that.

I think adding a radio would cost very little in terms of hardware. Not sure
how much software development would cost though.

Bruce.