[bookport] Re: mp3's

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:20:18 -0500

Bruce asked:

>Does it remember where you left off in an mp3 when you return to it?

Yes. It holds your position in each file on the unit.

>Can you put book marks in mp3 files?

Yes. This is very convenient. You can also use the "power move" commands to
instantly jump from your current position
in the file to a point halfway between that current position and either the
beginning or the end of the file. In other words,
if you are at the beginning, and you use the power move forward command, you
will be halfway through the file. If you
use the power move backward command from that point, you will be 1/4 of the way
through the file. This can make it
easy to find information in large files. Did that make sense?

>I see you can arrange the speed up of the playback of mp3's during file
>download but are there plans to improve the speed control of mp3 playback?

I don't know about this one. But the current way of doing it is helpful. It
also compresses the files before they are sent to
the unit.

I see your questions about betas have already been answered. I will just add
that personally, I'd be unbelievably thrilled
if they introduced a "shuffle" function for mp3's. And I'll echo the sentiment
that the BP is my favorite piece of access
technology. Now that it serves as a basic braille notetaker as well, it's
incredibly useful as well as fun. The battery life is
every bit as good as advertized.

Personally, I'd recommend the BP over the BC
, since the keyboard of the BC is not designed in such a way that you could
take braille notes. Of course, this might not
matter to you.

Angie