[bookport] Re: braille filter and send to bp

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:26:48 -0500

Shawn. I don't want to have to pay licensing fees to NFB when I pay for a
Book Port and while it's all well and good to claim that the program is
public domain, I have zero confidence that if APH were to suddenly take an
interest in it that there wouldn't be demands for a licensing fee made
immediately if not sooner. No product vendor would be demonstrating the
slightest bit of intelligence or responsibility if, in this context, they
ignored a product that they own, control, and support in favor of one with
which they have no connection whatever.