[bookport] Re: braille filter and send to bp

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:07:43 -0500

Guys:

The bottom line here is that we already have a translation software in
place for which we did pay to use, so we're not looking to implement any
others.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/19/06 04:01PM >>>
Gary is correct here.
I was employed by the NFB at the time that Kurzweil Educational
systems
discussed using NFB Trans.  The only stipulation that was made was
that
the NFB receive an acknowledgement that clearly explained the origin
of
this software.  There was no fee involved.  If APH wanted to use NFB
Trans, I am sure that they would not have to pay either.  I'm not even
sure that the NFB could legally charge such a fee.