[bookport] Re: braille filter and send to bp

  • From: "Shawn Thiel" <shawn.thiel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:03:32 -0500

Thanks pam,
I understand using the program you own, but some improvements would be wonderful, at least to ez braille for use with bp transfer. Having an option to remove page numbers would be nice, especially in books where print numbers are kept. Also, better treatment of urls in computer braille that do not begin with www for example a url that might look like this.
find.pcworld.com/42637
This is a made up url, but pc world has them like this a lot, and the numbers don't get properly translated. Maybe allow users to correct back translation errors ourselves would solve issues too.
Things to think about maybe.
As for the issue with send to bookport, I have no idea either. It would be nice if it could be fixed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling bp transfer, and even removing the tts mp3 player device from device manager and starting over that way, all with no resolution of getting send to bookport in the menu. If larry is stumped, then its no go I guess.

----- Original Message ----- From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>