[bookport] Re: bookport needs a speaker:

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:33:14 -0500 (CDT)

Well, I am not a huge speaker advocate either, but after using the speakerphone yesterday for the first time on my new tiny cellphone. I do believe that a speaker of reasonable quality could be added with no size increase. But as I said, I really don't care one way or another about this.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Richard Ring wrote:

Those of us who already own the device never purchased it so that it
would work with a Braille display (it is not a screen reader) nor did we
expect it to be a speech synthesizer for a PC.  It is, a reading device.
It is designed to read text and MP3 files, and it does these tasks
remarkably well.
It is not a screen reader,
I don't feel the device needs a speaker because I like its current size
and I don't believe that a speaker worth having could be integrated
unless one wants a bigger unit.