[bookport] Re: bookport needs a speaker:

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:18:53 -0500

Those of us who already own the device never purchased it so that it
would work with a Braille display (it is not a screen reader) nor did we
expect it to be a speech synthesizer for a PC.  It is, a reading device.
It is designed to read text and MP3 files, and it does these tasks
remarkably well.
It is not a screen reader,
I don't feel the device needs a speaker because I like its current size
and I don't believe that a speaker worth having could be integrated
unless one wants a bigger unit.