[bookport] Re: USB power

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:56:39 -0400

Will makes an excellent point about a private reading appliance gaining
the potential to become a public nuisance. After what I've seen over the
years with talking watches, calculators, etc., being used in marginally
or completely inappropriate settings, I feel even less persuaded that a
speaker is a good idea. The BP is still primarily a reading system, not
a notetaker, so for those who feel that they need speech to fully
exercise its notetaking functionality, I say that ear buds or folding
headphones are the way to go.=20