[bookport] Re: USB power

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:08:49 -0400

These are all options we are considering.

>>> ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, April 08, 2005 11:33:57 AM >>>
Larry, are you talking about a proprietary battery pack gotten from
APH,
are we simply talking about using rechargeable batteries.  I, for one,
would not vote for a thinner unit if it used a battery pack that I
couldn't just pick up locally.  However, having said that, there are
some very nice lithium ion batteries out there that one could just
slip
into the unit.  I have several like this on some very small recording
equipment I have.  While they are not readily available locally, they
can be easily gotten and they have a number of advantages all of which
am sure you know about.
For one thing, they don't have the same kind of battery memory that
NIMH
batteries have.  However, if they need to be recharged in the book
port,
one would need an AC adaptor for the unit.  Either that, or people
would
have to purchase a separate charger.
Neal