[bookport] Re: Seek failed error when playing mp3s

  • From: Russ <green.russell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 00:02:02 +1000

Hi Pamela

Many audio books and podcasts use mp3s with vbr so this is a
significant limitation.  Please pass on the request that support for
vbr be included in a firmware upgrade or Bookport 2.

Thanks

Russ

On 7/6/07, PAMELA RADER <PRADER@xxxxxxx> wrote:
We don't support Variable bit rate, so you won't be able to navigate with these.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> green.russell@xxxxxxxxx 07/06/07 09:43AM >>>
Hi Kitty

Yes, I just checked and these mp3 files are VBR.  So is there any way
to skip ahead on these files?

Russ