[bookport] Re: Seek failed error when playing mp3s

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 09:39:12 -0400

Russ:

I'm sorry I don't have all the answers you're looking for, however, I can tell
you when this error has come up in the past and I have conferred with our
programmers, they tell me that is the reason.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> green.russell@xxxxxxxxx 07/06/07 09:22AM >>>
Hi Pamela

I did copy the mp3 files directly instead of using the transfer tool.
It is faster using Windows Explorer to copy them and for most of the
mp3 files keys 3 6 and 9 work.  If I copy an mp3 file directly and
these seek keys do not work is there another way to skip ahead?  Why
do these seek keys work on some mp3 files transferred directly and not
others?

Thanks

Russ