[bookport] Re: Seek failed error when playing mp3s

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:07:32 -0400

The only way I know of is to use a program like goldwave to convert to a constant bitrate file but this means another reencoding which reduces quality. I avoid the transfer program so have no idea how it handles VBR files. I know VBR mp3 files have seek times in the specifications because otherwise calculating this is complicated. I certainly hope the book port two fixes this along with handling ogg files, if not will have to take a serious look at the victor stream.