[bookport] Re: Seek failed error when playing mp3s

  • From: Russ <green.russell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 10:42:44 +1000

Hi

Knowing exactly what mp3 bit rates and sample rates are supported by
bookport for playing and navigation would be a help.  The Plextalk
daisy cd player supports VBR but will not play mp3 with a sample rate
of 11khz.  I just tried the bookport and it will play and navigate mp3
files with 11khz sample rate.

These odd limitations are frustrating as you will find some audio
books with VBR or low sample rates.  It is not convenient to have to
re-encode such files and  DRM may prevent you from re-encoding.

Russ

On 7/7/07, Walt Smith <walt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay, the book that gave me the problem (absolutely no navigation whatever)
shows as a bit rate of 128kbps, sample rate of 22 kHz. Should this have
worked as advertised or not? I don't remember if I used the Send As Music
choice, but according to the manual, whether I did or not, I should have had
functionality from the 3, 6, and 9 keys and I didn't.