[bookport] Re: New features that would be AwesomenessCoolness

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:52:21 +1300

Hi!

I don't use the radios I have enough to justify having another.

My wife has two small devices that include FM radios--a Braillenote mPower and a cell phone. Naturally, we played with them a little initially to verify that they worked more or less as the manufacturor promised. Since then, she don't use either because she doesn't like needing to use the headphones cable as an antenna.By the way, the presence of an antenna is absolutely essential in these limited devices. I thought I could connect the Imaspeaker to the Braille note's headphone jack in order to play the radio in it without the need of using headphones. Reception was even poorer.
When at home, there are numerous radios already handy. When in a car, there is a radio built in. Most hotels here offer one or even two radios per unit as standard equipment for no additional charge. We can't benefit from the clocks in them, but the radio is easy enough to use, if only there was something on it worth listening to.

It is true that if my book port had a radio, I could tune in my own FM transmitter to receive information from my sound card anywhere in the house. But then how would I get my reading done?

If adding this function to the device will not add cost, I would not object, even though what I've observed convinces me that it would not be useful.

Cheers,
Dave