[bookport] Re: New features that would be AwesomenessCoolness

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 12:54:20 -0600

Jim,
You should certainly continue to make suggestions for improvements to the Book
Port on this list.  The developers have encouraged such suggestions and have
discouraged those who would be critical of the free flow of ideas.  However,
there are still some purists who will put down any suggestion for a new feature
that doesn't relate to reading books.  The current version of the Book Port can
only be improved within the limits of its hardware and firmware, but it has
been hinted that a new version is under development.  This is where suggestions
such as yours can be helpful in influencing the development of this new unit.
If the new Book Port does only what the current model does, but does it just a
little better, there wouldn't be much reason for us to upgrade.  But if the new
Book Port has a lot of nifty new features and sells for the same price, well,
that's different.

Gary King, w4wkz@xxxxxxxx