[bookport] Re: New Audible.com look and BP not listed as adevice

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:07:34 -0600 (CST)

This list was invaluable for me as a new Bookport owner five months ago. It was thanks to this list that I went from knowing absolutely nothing about the unit to being reasonably proficient at it. the help is there, it's good, it's courteous.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Ruthie, also known as  Sunshine wrote:

I wonder why people who are beginners even join this list; for those of you who know what you are doing now, remember where you were in the beginning stages. I never said I glanced at the manual. I said, I read it, and I do better learning by doing. I didn't know it was a crime to ask questions on this list. In the manual, it states that this is a good group to join to get assistance, and I'm being told to read the manual. I teach and certainly would never tell a customer to read his/her manual. Some do better by asking questions and doing, as do I. For those who can read manuals and use that method for learning I applaude you.

Secondly, my name is r u t h i e and not r u t h. Perhaps speech didn't pick it up right.

Thanks for the info on the tutorials. I do not have an mp3 player on my computer, though. I'll check out his web site, as sometimes even though info is mp3, it will play in Windows Media format.

Ruthie