[bookport] Re: MP3 question

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 14:52:34 +1200

Hi Aman and others,
Perhaps you or someone here could correct my thinking as it may be wrong. I
have always transferred files to the bookport in the manner described, ie
selecting the file, pressing the context key, selecting send to, then bookport
from the send to menu. As you have described, I usually hear beeps that seem to
rise in pitch for a few seconds, followed by the success signal. However, this
doesn't always seem to work very well when transferring large files. In this, I
mean files of a size greater than perhaps 10 Megs or so. In these cases, I hear
the beeps, but they stop after a few minutes. It is as if the transfer has
haulted somewhere in midstream, but I can't determine what, if anything is
happening. Once I waited for well over a half hour after the beeps had ceased
before disconnecting. Is there a way to make this smoother?

Thanks for any help.

Dave