[bookport] Re: Book Port not working/ warranty

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:03:05 -0600

One of the problems with being subscribed to a mailing list is that
you're going to hear about a few people who have experienced problems
with whatever that mailing list pertains to.
I can speak for myself and many others who have never experienced a
serious problem with the Bookport.
I've owned mine for over two years, received it on August 13, 2003.
There is even another factor to consider.  All who own bookports are not
subscribed to, or contributing to this list.
This mailing list is a subset of all Bookport owners.
Therefore, I don't think that it is fair to conclude that the majority
of Bookport owners are experiencing problems.
When I say problems, I mean problems that either force them to remove
all batteries and cards for a day or that result in having Bookports
returned for service.
Bugs in firmware are another matter.  There will always be small
glitches with just about any computer device or piece of software.
Windows has bugs, quite a number of them, but I don't think that this
fact means that computers running this operating system should not be
purchased.
Just my thoughts.