[bookport] Re: Book Port not working/ warranty

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:05:50 -0600

We are a solutions list. That is why people come to us with problems. Give us time, and we just might solve other issues, too... ones like... how to bite a taco on one end and prevent the filling from spurting out the other.

At 11:57 AM 2/23/2006, you wrote:

Another thing to consider is that this list, being the BookPort list, gets a large amount of its traffic from people who are having problems with their BookPorts. No one writes to a list and says, "I just love this product, I've never had a problem with it." <Grin.> So, I'll do just that. <Smiles>
I've had my BP for almost three years and have never experienced any of these problems. It does need the occasional reset, but it's never crashed for 24 hours, and it's never had to go back to APH for repair. I love my BookPort, wouldn't know what to do without it!

Sarah

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of emai7s Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:50 AM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Book Port not working/ warranty

> Don't get me wrong, I love my new BP. I've just noticed a > lot of complaints on here about BP's going bad and having to > resort to taking batteries and cards out for a day or sending > back for repairs. Is this just a few people this is > happening to or is it really an issue?

Well, it's happened to me three times in about 18 months, so it's a serious issue as far as I am concerned.

But APH warranty support is great - they really stand behind their products. If your Book Port does fail, I'm sure APH will do their best to get you up and running again as quickly as possible. So you certainly don't have to worry about being left high and dry with a broken Book Port.

Peter

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A