[bookport] Re: Batteries

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:20:46 -0600

I have used them in my Bookport.  They are well worth the extra expense.

At 01:56 PM 2/1/2006, you wrote:
The really power Book Port users, and anyone about to travel, or to
likely be away from easy ways to obtain replacement batteries may be
interested in some new battery technology.

You can now buy a set of lithium double A batteries which have about 3
times the capacity of standard alkaline batteries. These batteries run
from $7 to $10 for two, depending on whether or not you find them on
sale.

But, if you are going on vacation, you can save a little weight from
extra batteries.

In addition, these new batteries are reported to weigh about 1/3 as much
as standard batteries.

Mike Duke, K5XU, Director
Radio Reading Service of Mississippi
601-432-6301