[bookport] Re: 2 GB Flash Card

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:02:01 -0400

But note that this recommendation from APH applies _only_ to cards used in
the Book Port. In general, it isn't recommended practice to format a newly
purchased CF card and it's not necessary. I don't know if this is because
the BP uses some odd sector size or what, but I've used CF cards for years
in computers and my PAC Mate and have never formatted a new one before use.
For that matter, I never formatted a CF card in my Book Port until I kept
hearing the repeated recommendation from APH and never had any problems, so
whatever their reasoning is, it's unique to the BP environment.