[BlindMobileTech] Re: using apps with the I-Phone

  • From: Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindmobiletech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:22:41 -0600

So you're saying the instructions in the BARD Mobile App user manual are wrong? Have you tried these instructions to transfer your BARD books to your iPhone with iTunes? What's changed so that this no longer works?

On 02/24/2015 08:01 PM, nesma aly wrote:
No you can not. Download nls bard and through this app you can get brl
and audio through the catalog located under get books. After clicking on
the BRL or audio version of the book click on add to wish list. Go back
into the main app, and click on Search. Then click on my wishlist then
click on the book you want and click download. The book will
automatically install and will give you a doorbell sound when it is done..
Hope this information is helpful little line let me know if you have anymore

On Feb 24, 2015 8:15 PM, "Christopher Chaltain" <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Sorry, but I can't understand your message. If you're saying that
    you can't transfer books to your iPhone using iTunes then I don't
    think that's correct. Here's a link to the BARD Mobile App's user
    guide. Section 8.6.1 talks about transfering books to your iPhone
    using iTunes.
    https://nlsbard.loc.gov/__apidocs/BARDMobile.userguide.__iOS.1.0.html
<https://nlsbard.loc.gov/apidocs/BARDMobile.userguide.iOS.1.0.html>

    On 02/24/2015 01:50 PM, nesma aly wrote:

        No you do not need to download anything from your computer. Actually
        there is no way you can transfer Thanksgiving to you too your
        iPhone my
        status changed from earlier versions of iPhone. If you have
        downloaded
        NLS bored app you just need to go to search is it in the West
        catalog or
        something like that type in the book he want ever in Braille or
        audio
        save to wishlist and after you do that go back into the app I
        think if
        I'm not mistaking you hit Search even that or you hit where you
        downloaded books are in it something about wish list and your
        books are
        there automatically and the books in it download and that's all
        you need.

        On Feb 23, 2015 8:29 PM, "Christopher Chaltain"
        <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
        <mailto:chaltain@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:

             I just download the books to my iPhone through the BARD
        Mobile app.
             When you do this, they end up in the right place. If you
        have books
             on your PC, you can use iTunes to transfer them over to
        your phone,
             but I have yet to do it this way. I'd have to look up the
             instructions or mess around with it myself first to figure
        it out.

             On 02/23/2015 06:47 PM, Kim Lingo wrote:

                 One last thing I'm sure you know the answer to--if you
        could--I
                 imagine
                 you have to copy talking books from your computer to the
                 I-Phone.  Is
                 there a special area or folder where they are supposed
        to go, or
                 does
                 the software figure that out?
                 Thanks,