RE: Portable Recorders

  • From: "Jerry Berrier" <jerry.berrier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 15:17:07 -0500

So, what did you end up using?

-----Original Message-----
From: blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:blindcasting-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Billy Ray Legendary
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 2:43 PM
To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Portable Recorders

Hey, Guys!

    There are a number of podcasts on the DS series of recorders on the
blind cool tech website, several of which, Neal Ewers did, and he is a
master at making sure you know all of the plusses and minuses of the
recorders.  He covers things like the floor noise of the preamps, which,
depending on how professional your recordings need to be, can make a
difference.

    In my case, I am the recording engineer for my fiancee, who happens to
be a professional speaker, so the DS series proved not to be the recorder
for us.  We needed something pretty quiet for her marketing CD's, as well as

something we could do live recordings on the road for her podcasts.

    In terms of accessibility, the DS series is very difficult to beat
though.  If you are looking for a day to day workhorse of a recorder, with
no need for extremely quiet preamps, then the DS series might be the animal
for you.

Good luck!  It is very difficult to decide these days!

Legendary