[bksvol-discuss] Re: where are the new books?

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:10:10 -0500 (EST)

Pam

"The unfolding" is a perfect example of a book that seemingly has gone
into limbo.
And it is this kind of situationthat makes BookShare, to outsiders, look
bad.
We tell folks that we've scanned a book or validated one and tell them
they can get it from BookShare.
Then it doesn't show up for weeks or months for customers and they then
begin to question just how timely BookShare is.
One of the theoretical abilities that BookShare has is getting materials
in the hands of readers quickly unlike bureaucratic systems such as NLS or
RFB&D.
And it now appears that BookShare, thanks to its success, has fallen prey
to this same predicament.
`I hope that the higher ups at Benetech are aware of this situation and
can figure out something that brings back the approval process to a timely
one.
Right now, publicly at least, the problem seems to have been swept under
the rug and out of sight.
Hopefully, quietly behind the scene,  someone is looking into this and
developing a longer term fix.