[bksvol-discuss] Re: where are the new books?

  • From: Nolan Crabb <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:10:54 -0600

My screen reader solemnly spake the words of Scott Blanks written at 06:09 AM 3/2/2005 as follows:
>I'm curious as to whether there are others on here who both scan and
>validate their own submissions, who experience a long wait time for
>approval?

Folks, I thought we weren't supposed to validate our own stuff. Trust me, if that edict, rule, suggestion, whatever it is, has gone by the wayside, I'm gonna start validating every one of my own books.

I assumed we were supposed to have someone else look at our stuff as a kind of quality control safeguard. I wish someone somewhere with some knowledge of what the admin folks really want would explain this. I'd dearly love to do my own validations. I already go through a pretty rigorous pre-submission validation. I'm sure it doesn't catch everything, but it comes relatively close, I believe. Those of you who have validated my stuff may disagree. <smile> If so, that would be a good thing to know. But I'd truly appreciate some kind of clarification on the whole self-validation thing.

Nolan