[bksvol-discuss] quotation marks

  • From: "Aidee Campa" <aidee.campa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 19:52:48 -0800

Hello All:

Happy new year!

I am proofing a book where characters will often use internal quotes while
they're speaking (like if they're quoting something someone else said). JAWS
reads these quotes as apostrophes. However, I also have a couple of words
where the g has intensionally been dropped and been replaced with an
apostrophe. Should I be worried about the internal quotation marks. (Another
name for these quotation marks is single quotation marks). Please let me
know if this makes any sense. Thank you so much for your help.