[bksvol-discuss] Re: quotation marks

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 19:55:41 -0800

That makes perfect sense to me and as far as I can tell from your description, everything should be left as it is.

Misha

On 1/1/2014 7:52 PM, Aidee Campa wrote:

Hello All:

Happy new year!

I am proofing a book where characters will often use internal quotes while they're speaking (like if they're quoting something someone else said). JAWS reads these quotes as apostrophes. However, I also have a couple of words where the g has intensionally been dropped and been replaced with an apostrophe. Should I be worried about the internal quotation marks. (Another name for these quotation marks is single quotation marks). Please let me know if this makes any sense. Thank you so much for your help.