[bksvol-discuss] Re: old mysteries

  • From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:13:38 -0700

Rex Stout wrote the Nero Wolf series.
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:34 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: old mysteries

I didn't read the Perry Mason books but I loved the
series. Sometimes they're shown on one of the cable
stations. They were my first introduction to Raymond
Burr. When I later saw him as the bad guy in some
movies I didn't like it at all. smile

Yes, Dorothy Sayers wrote Sir Peter Wimsey series. I
validated an old one that was fun to do. I think it
was the first. The character seemed a bit different
from the way he was portrayed on tv as I remember.

I can't remember who wrote the Nero Wolfe mysteries,
but they were fun, too.

Cindy

--- Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi, Jim.  Maybe my memory is scrambled, but weren't
the Mayo
>mysteries written by Phoebe Atwood Taylor?  I read
a couple of them
>when I was a teenager in the 80s and really enjoyed
them.  I thought
>Dorothy Sayers wrote books about Lord Peter Wimsey
or someone like
>that.  The Mayo books are American and really are
very funny.  It
>would be awesome to have them in the Bookshare
collection.  I think
>I'll look around on Paperback Swap and see what I
can find.

I'm a big fan of the Perry Mason mysteries by Erle
Stanley
Gardner.  Do you like any of those?  Bookshare only
has a few of
those books.  I would love to add more.  My local
library doesn't
seem to have too many of those books.  I'm going to
see if I can
order books from the central branch after I get back
from a trip I'm taking.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will
Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.