[bksvol-discuss] Re: old mysteries

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:25:04 -0400

Hi, Jim. Maybe my memory is scrambled, but weren't the Mayo mysteries written by Phoebe Atwood Taylor? I read a couple of them when I was a teenager in the 80s and really enjoyed them. I thought Dorothy Sayers wrote books about Lord Peter Wimsey or someone like that. The Mayo books are American and really are very funny. It would be awesome to have them in the Bookshare collection. I think I'll look around on Paperback Swap and see what I can find.

I'm a big fan of the Perry Mason mysteries by Erle Stanley Gardner. Do you like any of those? Bookshare only has a few of those books. I would love to add more. My local library doesn't seem to have too many of those books. I'm going to see if I can order books from the central branch after I get back from a trip I'm taking.

"Don't let yesterday use up too much of today!" Will Rogers
Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx
Add rhyami to your Skype if you'd like to chat.