[bksvol-discuss] Re: m dash

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:48:55 -0500

Shelly,  the shifter hyphen is actually an underscore,  which in most
cases is another junk char to be rid of.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
06/17/2004 12:50 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: m dash

Hey Guido, and others, I was noticing on my parents keyboard, that they
have
a way of creating a M dash with the shift plus the Hyphen.  Not sure if
this
is on all keyboards, as Mine has I am thinking the underline, but this one
is a M dash.  It is a compact, from last year, August I suspect was the
release date, we bought it over Memorial Day as a Wal-Mart deal

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com

If a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is
anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

      -- Edgar Watson Howe