[bksvol-discuss] Re: just submitted

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:49:13 -0400

Hi Kellie,

The first in the series is Sharpe's Tiger, but it is not in the collection yet. I would suggest however, that you hold off on the series for a week or so. I scanned it a while back, but I had Openbook setup to default to save in RTF format instead of the native .ark format, and it did weird things to punctuation and spacing. For some reason, the same things don't seem to occur if it is saved as an ark file, and then converted with the save as option to RTF. A copy of the book has been sitting on my floor for a number of months, and I've been intending to rescan it, but I've been doing library copies of the ones I hadn't read first. Now that I'm done with those however, I'm going to fill in the missing ones.
As far as the story line, the easiest way to describe them is, if you are familiar with the naval adventures written by Patrick O'brian, these are similar but from the British Army's perspective.

Dave

At 02:45 PM 10/15/2004, you wrote:
Hi Dave,
I've been hearing about these Sharpe books for about 15 years and have never
read one. Can you tell me which is the first book in the series? I'm curious
and I suppose the beginning is a very good place to start.
Kellie