[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapters and numbers

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:24:42 -0400

Let me admit that when a book has only chapter numbers without the word chapter I have been leaving it like that. As of now I think I will change my ways and add the word chapter. For right now, though, the book I am currently working on does have the word chapter already present.

On 7/16/2012 12:12 AM, Estelnalissi wrote:
Dear Booksharian friends, Especially those contributing to this thread,
I have been proofing books adding the word chapter before the number and or name of the chapter since I was taught to do it last September. I feel proud to be making books easier to manage for braille readers and better for the tools to produce correctly. I wish I could go back and fix the hundreds of books I formatted differently knowing it would make them so much more reader friendly to those who seriously need the navigation help. I wouldn't mess around in the book, but just dip in, format cahapter names as I demonstrated in my last post, enlarge titles to 20, author's names to 18 and make subheads 14. That's it, no meddling. Currently I'm proofreading Bone Idle, one in a series about a newly married cop in England. There are at least 5 more in this series. If anyone is willing to scan them for me to proof, I'll sent you copies of the books he can s