[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapters and numbers

  • From: regina alvarado <reggie.alvarado@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:26:07 -0400

Mary:
Thanks for the rules. My books have been accepted fine with 14 however, I
am a perfectionist, so from now on it will be 16.

Reggie and Brooks

On Jul 15, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi Reggie,

Here is the recommended font sizing for heading navigation.

Book title at 20 point and bolded
Section titles at 18 point and bolded
Chapter titles at 16 point and bolded
Sections within chapters 14 point and bolded
Body of the book 12 point.

It is easiest to use this format for me, no matter whether the book I'm
working on has all of the navigational possibilities or not.  That way, I
never need to wonder whether I've missed anything.

If your books have had only chapter titles and a book title, 14 point would
work, it just wouldn't follow the pattern that always allows for proper
navigation.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie