[bksvol-discuss] ark files waiting validation

  • From: "Cheryl Fogle" <cfogle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:07:09 -0600

Hi All.  I think from the scanning discussions most of us use kurzweil which
means all those ark files from openbook can't be validated.  I think a good
project for someone like Gisela or any other openbook users would be to convert
.ark to .rtf so more books can be validated.  I have an old version of open
book v4.0 I think before switching to Kurzweil a few years ago.  I can't
convert .ark files from newer versions of openbook.  In fact, the only reason I
still have my old version is that I'm converting some personal and textbook
files to .rtf.  I also save kurzweil files as .rtf so I can refer to them
within word when writing papers or reports for school and work.
Just some thoughts.

Cheryl Fogle MA
Ph.D. candidate in Anthropology, University of New Mexico