[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating large numbers of books

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:45:50 -0500 (EST)

Sarah

You did a nice job explaining my feelings!  Thanks!

I often find it both as a submitter or validator to be in touch with the
other side as a positive productive thing.  If they tell me something, I
can learn from that; and vice versa.
The goal is to create the best possible practical copy of a book for
future readers; and the more we share with each other, the more we all
learn.
Some discussions of this type can be carried on in a public forum such as
this one.
Others are best dealt with on a one-to-one basis as they tend to be
uniquely related to a particular situation which would waste the time of a
lisst.

It's obvious that not everyone prefers validation and book submittal in
the same light.  And that is fine as the BookShare community is such a
large one, and ever growing, that diversity and differing viewpoints can
act as a strength.
And I am certain that as Sarah and others have noted, safeguards can be
built into software preserving annonymity for those who feel they need it.