[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating large numbers of books

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:18:27 -0800

Hello Mike. I do not see at all why it is any of your business what email address I use or why I might or might not wish it disclosed. However, since you insist on an explanation, I will tell you. The address you see on the public list is not the one I use for the bookshare site. It is not the one they have on file for me. In fact, I have a separate address I use strictly for bookshare business and when I contact their support. If you wish to ask a question about your book, I throw the same question back at you. Why not just post it to a public list like this and see what happens? If the validator is not on this list, the validator probably does not want you to have their email address. If they are on this list, there is a good chance they would answer you.

You suggested changing the user agreement to make people provide their email addresses. I can promise you that I for one would quit volunteering in that case. They would probably lose lots of customers as well. Also, there is an easy way around this. Take the book from step 1 and immediately release it. You now do not know who, if anyone, is working on it. When it is validated, just check it out again from step 1 and resubmit within a few minutes. If someone else takes the book in the meantime, oh well. That would probably be what you want since that other person would be voluntarily disclosing his/her email address so you could bug the heck out of them.