[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating large numbers of books

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:02:26 -0500 (EST)

Mary

If one were really so concerned about the privacy of their email address,
why then post on a public list.
All we are talking about here would be disclosing that address to someone
handling a book we are working on or that someone is working on for our
benefit.
There are probably ways around this concern such as dummy internet email
mediaries which could take a msg sent it and then forward it to a 3rd
party.
I have to say that      I personally like contacting (or being contacted)
when I am validating or having a submission validated as that avoids the
mystery of what is going on with a book.
And if I am validating your book, or your mine,
is it not better that you or I can get in touch and exchange notes should
there be a concern or if either of us notices something which might help
future scans.

Yes, I understand that there can be a privacy issue.  Yes, I realize some
guard their contact info in Fort Knox.
But then, one ought not be on any email lists, ever give out info when
filling forms, and the like.
Perhaps the solution is making it easier for this info to be exchanged but
allowing one to opt out if they preferred.