[bksvol-discuss] Re: text format submissions

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:41:11 -0600

No. Nobody at bookshare has said that text files are not allowed. What
you could do is convert them to .rtf before submitting them so that
those who use programs that can't detect page breaks in .txt files can
still validate them. But .txt is still okay. Personally, I don't know
what all the fuss is about when it comes to working with .txt files.
If you can tell where the page breaks are, they're just as easy to
edit as .rtf, and you don't have to worry about the number of page
breaks changing in Word the way that you do with .rtf. I know that
.txt files look exactly the same as .rtf for those who use k1000 to
edit. I save my own books in .txt format because they're less bulky.
I've only recently started submitting in .rtf since that's what the
majority prefer. But your text files are fine. Submit them.

Pam