[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Wonders of Kurzweil

  • From: Pat Ferguson <fergent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:48:48 -0500

Hi Kasondra,

Just in case you didn't know, if you own another OCR program, you can, when Kurzweil offers this, you can give them your currently owned version of Open Book, or possibley some other OCR program, and they will let you purchase K1000 for about half the price. I did this, and I was never so happy to have K1000. It's excellent!

Just call Kurzweil and hopefully they will be offering that trade-up soon. I think it's usually during the summer when they sometimes offer it. <smile>

I hope and pray you get it!

Smiles,
Pat Ferguson

At 10:21 PM 6/21/05, you wrote:
Jake, I am drooling along with you. I am not in school or working because I am a stay-at-home mother, so I can't get rehab to buy me a scanning program. What would a mom need to scan? Oh, only bills, all the special ed information for my kids, and all the tons of other stuff that make running my busy house easier. I have a trial version of K1K that I need to install, but I don't have my own full copy. I hope I can win one as a door prize or through a raffle or something at the NFB convention. It would sure make my life easier. Otherwise I have to wait until I can scrape together the money to buy it. So there's my sad story.

Kasondra Payne