[bksvol-discuss] The Wonders of Kurzweil

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:51:38 -0500

Please stop the onslaught! I've wanted K1K since last year when I was working
to get new software from the state. Instead of listening to me however they
purchased OpenBook. Currently I'm attempting to get them to let me trade in my
OB for a copy of Kurzweil.

OpenBooks scans aren't actually bad, but that shouldn't be surprising since the
main engine is Fine Reader. It lacks greatly in updates and in *many* features
that Kurzweil has, some small, some big. Some of them I would think would be
easy to code, but Freedom Scientific seems to be content to chug along with
what the program has in place already. For goodness sakes they could update the
Microsoft Common Dialogue controls so the Open, Save, etc. dialogues work fully
in a Windows XP environment.

So just so you know everytime someone mentions a K1K feature I'm drueling in
envy.

Cheers!
Jake