[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Wonders of Kurzweil

  • From: "robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:29:33 -0500

Jake I did too especially editing.
For skype contact bobwichitaks
  From: Jake Brownell
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:51 PM
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] The Wonders of Kurzweil

  Please stop the onslaught! I've wanted K1K since last year when I was working
to get new software from the state. Instead of listening to me however they
purchased OpenBook. Currently I'm attempting to get them to let me trade in my
OB for a copy of Kurzweil.

  OpenBooks scans aren't actually bad, but that shouldn't be surprising since
the main engine is Fine Reader. It lacks greatly in updates and in *many*
features that Kurzweil has, some small, some big. Some of them I would think
would be easy to code, but Freedom Scientific seems to be content to chug along
with what the program has in place already. For goodness sakes they could
update the Microsoft Common Dialogue controls so the Open, Save, etc. dialogues
work fully in a Windows XP environment.

  So just so you know everytime someone mentions a K1K feature I'm drueling in
envy.

  Cheers!
  Jake