[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submission formats are barriers to validation

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 16:39:58 -0500

I don't think people should upload a book twice. It could lead to people doing
a lot of work for nothing when validating. If you've already uploaded in kes or
arc, and your submission is hanging around unvalidated, I'd
suggest downloading it and validating it yourself.  If you've done a bunch of
work editing already, validating would just consist of doublechecking the
copyright and other info to make sure its spelled correctly etc. I
know self validation isn't the preferrd method. But it beats putting multiple
copies of the same text on the site.
Mary