[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:56:41 -0600

Hi Jamie!

I prefer to have the headers scanned, because I would miss those page numbers too much. For me, it's easier with the page numbers even though the unwanted headers are included to know if I have either scanned a page twice or missed one. It's a personal thing, so do whatever works. I know the text tells me, but having the page number just seems quicker to check.

Debby

At 01:31 PM 12/23/2009, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
I prefer not to OCR the headers to begin with. Omnipage will skip headers if you tell it to, or if you're sighted, you can just not select the text with the header to be OCR'd to begin with. That's what I do. Then I have to put in the page numbers by hand of course, but I find it is good for checking to make sure I've scanned all of the pages.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: While My Pretty One Knits by Anne Canadeo

Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michrxtech.com/books.html>www.michrxtech.com/books.html

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>