[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: Mike <mlsestak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:52:53 -0800

Tedious as stripping headers is, for me, losing track of page numbers is even worse. I tried the Omnipage setting to remove headers and didn't like it. But, that doesn't mean everyone should do things the way I do. One of the great things about this list is reading about all the different things other volunteers do, trying them out, finding what works for me (you) and thus, getting better and better at producing accessible books.

Misha

EVAN REESE wrote:
I should add to this a bit:
For books I scan that I plan to read through, I don't want to be reading along and find that at some point in the midst of the story that I missed two pages. So I want to make certain that no pages are missing before I start.

Also, I scan a lot of books for Lissi that I don't necessarily want to read myself. I very much want to make sure that I haven't missed any pages in those. So keeping the page numbers is important to me to ensure that the book has all of its pages, whether I'm reading it, or I've scanned it for someone else to read. If I could find some way of not scanning the headers without removing the page numbers when they are at the top of the page, that would be perfect. Evan