[bksvol-discuss] Re: Stripping headers

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:08:43 -0600

Dear Lori;

 for what it is worth, I am like you. I do my proofreading in layers, and the
first layer is confirming/correcting/adding pagination and stripping headers or
footers. Occasionally in that same part of the process I will format and
protect chapter headings, but since in my books they frequently need
correction, that is usually a step of its own.

I don't know how many books the average person here does, but I probably
average 2 or 3 a week of a combination of proofreading and scanning. All of my
scans are proofread, too, though. About the only things that I do with global
replace are things like standardizing ellipses and replacing em-dashes.

Valerie