[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scanning

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:35:03 -0500

Patti,

Type-written is for books where the type quality is below average as in text
from a dot matrix printer.  If you're scanning a book, you want to use
Normal.

As for losing your scan, the update to 7.02 appears to clean out the folder
where OpenBook is located as part of the update.  Unless you moved your
default folder to a location outside of the OpenBook folder, then your book
probably was deleted as part of the update.  I lost my saved configuration
settings during the update, but luckily I had moved my default folder to a
folder I created under My Documents in order to make backing up my personal
files easier, so I didn't lose the scans I was working on.

Gerald