[bksvol-discuss] Re: Removing apostrophes

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:34:27 -0500

A quotation usually begins with a capital letter. If you do a find and replace for only the apostrophe followed by a capital letter then you should not be replacing words like 'twas. I suppose a sentence might start with such a word, but if it does then that would be so rare that you should remember it and you can look for it to make an exception.

Hi Folks,
Then What about stuff like ‘twas and ‘bout? I’m not sure if there is a global way of doing it.